Monday, November 19, 2007

EASY/MEDIUM/HARD

The difficulty level on taking a piss in my house just went from Medium to Hard.



My youngest daughter is now officially interested in learning to use the toilet (versus using her diaper)...and thank God for that since these days her poops have been so bad that my wife has taken to saying her diapers look like the bottom of the Mississippi.

Good as that is, the little 'trainer toilets' we have atop the actual toilets in the house are turning taking a standing pee into a hell of a challenge. It's kind of like trying to fly Superman thru those damn rings in the first level of Superman 64.

Maybe the toilet will have mercy in an Onimusha style sense and if I miss too many times, it will give me a chance to drop it from HARD down to EASY mode :)

David

ps. Thanksgiving is coming! Sweet! I wonder if I'll even make a dent in my 'to play' pile...check it out:



I doubt I'll get to any of these since all my gaming time has been going to Ratchet PS3 (so so so so good! Best one in the series to me!) and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (loving it but I have not gotten bored with the sailing yet, so we will see...but I'm hopeful it sustains my interest so I can finish it...have not finished a Zelda since the second one back on NES...almost finished LINK TO THE PAST but then got busy and never went back to it).

But man, I love seeing new games all stacked up like that. I know how lucky I am to have such access to such great entertainment. I guess that's one of the reasons I wish games were like 2-3 hours so I could actually tear thru 1-3 of these in a day and be done with it! But I know that's a rare view considering most folks don't get to play near as many games as I do. Have to be careful of that and always remind myself that my perspective of gaming in that sense is no longer the mainstream view of how they view games.

15 comments:

PlayStation Museum said...

Dave, I wish my 2 year old would start using the potty. Anyhow, are you giving out X-mas cards again this year? (like you did with CAC) Hopefully you received the museum's card last year because I'm planning on sending some shutterfly cards this year again. Holler if I should send the card somewhere else. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!! - The PlayStation Museum

David Jaffe said...

You too man...yeah, we are sending out our first year EAT SLEEP PLAY cards...I will do a post soon to try to send some out to readers of this blog and the soon to launch EAT SLEEP PLAY blog.

David

grasshopper said...

Couldn't help but laugh at the toilet situation ya have going on. I would hate to run into that thing half asleep in the middle of the night, it could be a messy morning.
As for that stack of games ya have there, damn dude! I thought I was falling behind on mine.

Sadeq said...

have to agree with you: Tools of Destruction is THE BEST in the series

I'll argue that it's Insomniac's best game so far

about that stack, you didn't see mine

cg said...

Damn! That is quite a stack of a awesome games. Do you buy those or do they send them to you?

Anonymous said...

Check out Portal in the Orange Box, it can be done first time in about 4 hours, if you take your time with it. This is not a criticism, for once :D

iddqd said...

Am I missing something? What is Gears of War doing in your "to play" pile? Good Lord, man...stop pissing so much and play some X-Box! haha. Happy Thanksgiving!

Alex said...

I love how you compare having to pee now with the added "difficulty" to Superman 64! Funny stuff.

Joel said...

i suggest you check out portal... and uncharted.

and just for the hell of it heres a few questions you should answer it your blog one day:


1. Did you work on Jet Moto 1 or 2? who currently holds the rights to that game? did you like jet moto?


2. what would you add to the First Person Shooter genre, if you for some reason your team made an FPS game, and you had free reign to add whatever you wanted.

3. do you agree or disagree that more games should incorporate online Co-op?

4. with all the ps3 owners calling for "in-game xmb" ... where do you stand on this issue, will the ps3 never compete until it gets it (and subsequently a way for you to chat with your friendlist during gameplay) or is it something that would just be nice one day, should it ever be implemented?

5. if gaming ever got to the point of allowing you to enter a personal "matrix" where you literally felt as though you were inside the game.. touch, smell, taste, everything... come up with an idea for a game that would make use of these new technological freedoms.



admittedly these questions are just "for fun"... but i definitely would love to hear you answer them, even just one or two of them..

Anonymous said...

i hope you find time to play through all of those good games, if i were you half of those games would never ever get finished. Im a habitual "restarter". Anyone else? I find myself putting in so many hours to get far in a game and then i get the sudden urge to start over from the beginning. Its the strangest habit. Shadow of the Collosus, any Final Fantasy game, Guitar Hero 3, i fuckin love to restart, and because if it there is many games i have never finished and probably never will. I for one and am andvocate of the shorter games give me 8-10 hours total of really game start to end an im happy. One example of one i recently finished Heavenly Sword. Anyway thanks Dave for this kick ass blog, i look forward to the Eat, Sleep, Play's games. Are you playing any Twisted Metal 2 on your PSP? It takes me back, nothing beats blowing up that damn eiffel tower.

-Wreckheart

derrickgott007 said...

I too am a "Pee Aimer Gamer"....My 3 year old is still using a seat because she'll fall through she is soo small. Nothing worse than trying to pee through that thing in the dark in the middle of the night after drinking....lol


Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S.. I'll take whatever games you can't find time to play cause I'm broke (Buying new house)

thecapps said...

Our 2 year old is not quite at the point of using her own potty that we got for her, but I think I'd be pissing all over that thing if it were on my toilet and I were half asleep in the middle of the night........ Keep us up to date on the Eat Sleep Play news!

gary Z said...

hey dave do send me ur EAT PLAY n SLEEP greetings ...

Sniperwolfee said...

DUDE! you got a silent hill game on your stack!
Damn i haven't touched any of the silent hill products since i played Silent Hill 2( still haven't finished, is in my to do list though, but i'm scared as shit to play it)
Let me know how that goes.

Anonymous said...

喝花酒
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領
酒店經紀爆米花
酒店經紀

酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
酒店pt
酒店pt
酒店應酬
粉味
酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL
酒店經濟
酒店經濟
晚上兼差